Pages

19 January 2010

Enjoying it...

Student teaching has been wonderful. Which, I'll be honest, is a HUGE relief. I had some panic attacks, usually late at night when I was trying to sleep, wondering if this huge commitment was what I actually wanted to do. I mean, what if I spent 18 months paying for grad school and then I hated teaching? Well, thank god, I don't. So far, I love it. Hubby says I am happy, I feel better and more positive. Now I keep waking up at night wondering how long it will take to get a teaching job. I can't wait to not have a foot in each career and just be in my new profession.

3 comments:

KandN said...

Good news! Good news indeed! Print up some contact cards if you go the substitute route first. It's a good way to get your name & sub number pinned up on bulletin boards wherever you go. And remember, us baby boomers are retiring. :>)

Amber said...

That a good idea! But, before I can sub, Cesar has to get a job with benefits. We both can't be without benefits. So we'll see what happens with subbing.

I forget about retirees. And with the 3 new elementary schools going up in Salem, hopefully they'll be some options.

KandN said...

Keep those ears open as far as the new literacy program and DIBELs, but you probably already know that. :>)