Pages

17 October 2006

Yummy Chile Rellano Caserole

So I got this excellent recipe from my mom, we ate it all the time as kids. I made it tonight, the Jorstads joined me for watching the last 2 weeks of Lost and I thought it was delicious. See what you think.

Chile Rellano Caserole
  • 8-10 Poblano or Anaheim Peppers (I used fresh Anaheims we grew that I roasted, peeled, seeded and rinsed, but you can use canned whole chile peppers, about 8-12 ounces)
  • 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 cup Bisquick mix
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Spray a glass rectangular pan with cooking spray.
  3. Split open the peppers so they lay flat and dry them off.
  4. Arrange peppers in a flat layer in the bottom of the pan.
  5. Sprinkle peppers with the 4 cups of cheese
  6. Beat the 3 eggs and add the 3 cups milk and 1 cup Bisquick. Mix well.
  7. Pour over the top of the peppers and cheese.
  8. Sprinkle the top with salt.
  9. Bake 50-55 minutes until golden brown.
Delicious. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks Mom.

No comments: