Pages

27 May 2007

Poor Finnie...

So, we are hamster sitting Delphinia, aka Finnie the black and white Russian Dwarf Hamster whilst the Hofers are off on their annual memorial day camping trip. Finnie was stationed on our dining room table, in her cage, a place where the cats could observe her, but do no harm to her.... or so I thought.

Last night, I was upstairs watching Music & Lyrics when I suddenly heard a huge crash. I instantly knew what it was: the damn cats had pushed Finnie's cage off of the table. I raced downstairs to find the cage scattered all over the floor and Finnie, miraculously, still sitting in the bottom tray portion of her cage. I scooped her up, checked her out - that hamster is a TROOPER, and yelled at the cats. Cesar who was right on my heels, helped me to clean up and super-glue and duct tape the cage back together.

Finnie has been relocated to the Den and got a new cage and my cats all got squirted with the water bottle. I won't ever be able to prove "who dun it" and Finnie wasn't much help in the police line up, but I have my suspicions...




Don't they just LOOK guilty?

2 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

This is the exact reason we have never taken any of the classroom pets home from Rowdy's preschool class over the weekend...I am too afraid that Chickers will use his hunting skills on them...and he is an outside cat...too much liability.

Julia Shinkle said...

This is the reason we don't bring home the animals from Rowdy's preschool class to watch over the weekend. I was always to nervous that Chickers would be on the prowl. Hope Finnie is OK.