Pages

19 December 2011

Peppermint Bark...

Brace yourself. I'm about to publish the most complicated holiday recipe I have. The number of ingredients is astounding. But, I think you can do it. I have faith in you. I included pictures though, just in case.


  • 3 bags dark chocolate chips (I guess you could use milk chocolate, if you like that inferior "chocolate")
  • 2 bags white chocolate chips 
  • Peppermint extract
  • Candy canes
Melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave. I set the microwave for 1 minute and than 30 second increments until it's all melted, stirring between each round. Add a couple drops of peppermint extract (a little goes a very, very long way!).


Spread the melted dark chocolate on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Put the cookie sheet in the fridge.












Now, it's time to take out your frustrations on innocent candy canes. I find a ziplock bag and a meat tenderizer really do a great job. You basically want candy cane pieces and dust.



By now, your dark chocolate should be hardened. It's time to melt the white chocolate in the same way you melted the dark.


Add some of your candy cane pieces & dust to the white chocolate and stir to combine.




Spread the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate in an even layer. Add additional candy cane pieces and dust to the top, using the back of the wooden spoon to press it lightly into the white chocolate. Back into the fridge until white chocolate is hardened.



Break the peppermint bark into pieces and enjoy all of the swooning and compliments you received. Make sure you mention how very challenging the recipe is.


Happy holidays to you and yours!

2 comments:

DancingMooney said...

I never have time for baking around the holidays, but now that they are {almost} over, I'm hoping to try a few new things... this goes on the list! ;)

Amber said...

I love recipes like this that are so easy but are so delicious. Plus, you can probably get candy canes for super cheap right now. :-)