Pages

31 August 2007

5 years on Sunday...

It's been 5 years on Sunday that my dad died. For those of you who don't know, he died very suddenly and unexpectedly of a heart attack. He was really young and so were Autumn and I. She was 22 and I was 26. I can't believe it has been 5 years. In some ways I can hardly believe 5 years has come so quickly. But on the other hand, it's been 5 years since I have seen my dad and it feels like an eternity. I miss him every day. Here are two of my favorite pictures.

Me, Dad and Autumn, circa 1980 and yes, it's a waterbed.

Dad and me just before walking down the aisle in 2000. The insider story on this one is I had just vomited downstairs because I was so nervous. My dad is cracking joke after joke to calm my nerves. He had just offered to let me puke in his tux pocket when this picture was taken.

1 comment:

Julia Shinkle said...

I absolutely love that you shared this infor about your Dad on your blog. Your dad sounds like a great guy. I could always count on my dad for a joke when I needed it too! I hope you and Autumn are ok and truly do "celebrate" his life on Sunday at the BBQ!