Pages

30 September 2010

Salem Beer and Cider Festival...

While I am not a beer drinker, I do love cider and I love supporting local businesses.  This all lead to me attending the first ever Salem Beer and Cider Festival, which was created by Gilgamesh and Wandering Aengus Cider. The cherry cider from Wandering Aengus is delicious and I even found a beer that I didn't mind. 

Mission Mill is a fabulous location and it was nice to not worry about the weather, however it did get mighty warm on the 3rd floor on such an unseasonably warm day.

It wasn't too crowded, but I assumed this was due to it being the first ever Salem Beer and Cider Festival and maybe because both the Beavers and the Ducks playing.  And while I appreciated having live music, my suggestion would be to lower the sound.  When we arrive it was so unbearably loud, I couldn't hear the person who was yelling in my ear.  I enjoy background music at events like this, but it should be quiet enough that you can have a conversation with the person sitting next to you without yelling. 

It's great for Salem to have their own beer/cider festival and it would be great to see more wines included next year. I could definitely see this becoming one of our annual festivals.

No comments: