Pages

27 August 2009

The one job...

I hate most as a homeowner is the job that is WAY overdue at my house... staining the deck. Ugh, I despise it. We've had the stain for a year and we just keep putting it off. The deck has almost no stain left on it now because we have put it off so long. And I know it's bad for the deck and the wood. But I hate it! This weekend, we will pressure wash and strip the stain that is left and hopefully stain next weekend. Then we should be good for another 4 years. Only 4 years? What the heck?! Someone needs to invent a stain that lasts for 20 years. I will be your best friend...

3 comments:

Margaret Oscilia said...

One idea to cut down on the work - use a sponge mop to apply the deck stain - then you can stand up and do it. You may need to touch up with a brush, but using a mop makes it really fast and easy. Get one at the dollar store for a buck and toss it after you are done!

Amber said...

That is a great idea. We just might give it a try. Any thoughts on making the railing slats go faster? That just might take us 100 years! :)

Margaret Oscilia said...

I'm pretty fast with the good old brush so usually use that. May want to try a good quality sponge type brush, but it may be hard to control the drips. Once you get started it will go fast!