Pages

30 September 2006

My poor baby...

My poor baby Ripley is sick...again. Last time around it cost us $500.00! I know, you non-pet-lovers, and maybe even some of you who do love pets can't believe it, but hey, in my book, you make a commitment to adopt an animal, you give them everything they need, including expensive medical care. He's currently laying on the bed, with a big skin pouch where they gave him liquids. It hangs by his elbow like flab. Anyway, Ripley is one of the twins, or "the crackers." His crazy ass sister, Alexandra (named after Alexandra Ripley, who wrote Scarlett, the sequel to Gone with the Wind) or Lexi for short, licks herself bald and has to wear tiny dog t-shirts and occasionally, a cone. I am not a vet, but am convinced that it is their lack of pigmentation that weakens their immune system and/or makes them crazy. Oh well, I love them in spite of or maybe because of their craziness.

Yesterday, I spent the whole day with my sis, Autumn and my nephew, Dylan. I was working on my dear friend Emily's birthday present, which I so shamefully forgot. I would tell you what it is, but I can't. What if Emily reads this before I see her the next time, and then her very late birthday present is no longer a surprise? Well, Emily if you do read this, I am so very sorry.

No comments: